OK, so any one of you who has ears has probably heard me tell a story about Will these days. . . to sum some of them up from the last few days:
1) Pooping in Nanny Alva's backyard
2) Pooping in his underwear three times today
3) SIX wardrobe changes today alone for various reasons - see #2 for reference
4) Spraying pee pee in both of our faces (I did not know this was even possible)
5) Lots of tears when things don't go exactly his way
6) Yelling "NO!" in Mia's face when she simply asked him if he wanted to get a snack
But at the end of the day Will goes and does something like putting on his coon skin cap given to him by Mimi upon her return from Colorado and all of my frustrations simply melt away.
After this pic was taken he begged me to "put him down" which means we go into his room and he sits on the sofa next to me while I sit in the glider rocker. We read 2-3 books (of his choosing of course). And then my absolute favorite part of the day: he climbs into my lap and I sing four songs: Michael Row the Boat Ashore, Jesus Loves Me, Amazing Grace (first 2 verses) and Twinkle Twinkle.
Ahhh. . . no matter what has happened the previous 12 hours, all is right with the world and I thank the Lord for my precious and precocious little boy. I will miss the days when he begs to have me read to him, to sing to him and to hold him.




Ha! my day was similar. At least all of his poo got in the potty, TODAY! Noah colored with non-washable crayon allll over every wall in his room!!! And on his Pottery Barn quilt! An hour of scrubbing the wall, Seth, myself and Noah, and it is pretty much off. The quilt I don't know what I'll do with. But while all this is going on Gracie leaks poop all over her bed and self. Like I needed more poopy laundry. Thank the Lord Seth was home today.
ReplyDelete