I realized I forgot to post anything about John's 6-month appointment with Dr. Dawson. He passed with flying colors. Here are his stats: Height 25.5 in (25%), Weight 18 lbs 3 oz (50-75%), and Head 25% percentile. He got three shots and hardly cried. Even the nurse was amazed.
Right now we are giving him 2 solid meals - usually morning and bedtime. He loves eating solids and usually eats them without any problems. He is not too sure about peaches - I think they may be too tart for him. We are still going strong with nursing and he usually nurses 7am, 11 am, 2-3 pm, 7 pm and 11 pm. He has given us the gift of uninterrupted sleep twice this past week (it was heaven!) but most of the time he gets up once or twice and Matt has to go put his pasci in. I have at least stopped feeding him at night after his twilight feed at 11 pm.
He is the happiest baby I know. My other kids were happy, but he is even happier if that is possible. Even when I awaken him from a dead sleep, the moment he opens his eyes he will great me with the most gorgeous smile. We just let him start using the johnny jump-up and he loves it. He is incredibly strong and always tries to "buck" backwards when you are holding him or trying to burp him. He is so hard to burp! Some of the few times he cries is when he has gas because I was not able to burp him a few hours before.
He watches Alivia and Will with such adoration and longs to join them already. He is starting to get up on all fours as he prepares to start crawling. I am definitely NOT ready for that and if we can get him through this period without having a few scary close calls with choking I will be so happy. I have already told Alivia and Will about the importance of keeping small objects off the carpet, but I still find random objects scattered all over the place.
I still wonder if he will be keeping those beautiful baby blue eyes that he has. I hope I never forget the glorious way he smells. I can just kiss his sweet cheeks and smell his hair all day long. I love you John. You are a blessing to my life and to our family.
I also posted pics of Alivia (2nd to last pic) and Will (last pic) at about 7 months for comparison!




Growing up so fast!
ReplyDeleteOh! It goes by too fast. I love this entry, it made me cry, in a good way :)
ReplyDelete