Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Scary. Really. Really. Scary.

Matt and I went out with friends last night. Nanny Alva was home with the kids. Around 9ish she heard John crying from his crib. This is unusual for him at that time of night, so Nanny Alva went to go check it out. She found John in his crib with the electric cord from the video monitor wrapped (very very tightly) around his neck several times. The only reason he was still getting any air was because it was wrapped under his armpit as well so it could not get any tighter as he rolled around in the bed. I still get sick to my stomach as I think about all the possible things that could have happened.

The only reason I am posting this is to warn any readers out there to remove any video monitors from anywhere close to the crib once the baby starts to move around. And to remind myself to be vigilant about my kids' safety!

Thank you, dear Jesus, that you sent Angels to protect my dear son.


No comments:

Post a Comment