Well. . . John has weaned me (sniff sniff). I saw the writing on the wall about 2 weeks ago when he would just get so mad that my letdown was taking so long. And once I personally started giving him bottles it was only a matter of time. I pumped for the last time today at work and only got about 2 ounces. The last time I breastfed him was 2 days ago. This is always a bittersweet time for me. It is so luxurious to not have to be tied to him this way, but the snuggles are just the best during breastfeeding. I breastfed John longer than my other two which seems so amazing to me. Well, Johnny-Cakes it was a good run. We made it NINE months! Yay to us!
We are using some leftover breastmilk from Aunt Emily that should get us through the mid-part of February which is such a blessing - both for your immune system and our wallets. Thank you Emily!
Some other milestones that I have not documented on my little man:
~January 2, 2011 - STANDS for the first time
~January 12, 2011 - started "solid" foods (baby mum mum, puffs, bits of banana)
~January 17, 2011 - we notice his bottom two teeth are IN! Without a fuss!
My mom took John to Dr. Dawson today because he has had a cough for the last 6 weeks (some could argue for the last 4 MONTHS). Dr. Dawson thinks poor John has the cursed "Taylor lungs" and gave him some liquid prednisone to quiet the inflammation in his lungs. I see a nebulizer and some chronic asthma medications in our future. . .




No comments:
Post a Comment