Matt scheduled a surprise Valentine's Day outing last night. It was lovely to get away for a nice dinner and de-compress about the day over a good meal. We went to Parkside on 6th Street. We tried raw oysters for the first time (hmmm, still not sure about them), and split fried calamari, lemon risotto and a steak with fries. Yummm. We were going to go to a hip bar nearby, but around 9 pm, Matt said, "I'm tired. . ." I was glad he said it first because I was thinking it, too!
I can admit that I love Matt now more than when we first started dating because of the history between us and life's journeys we have shared - medical school, DC, Portland, residency, Remy, international travel, Austin, starting a new business. . . oh and three kids!!!




I love you Honey! You're more beautiful today than the day I married you! The Lord has blessed us indeed. -Matt (using Christy's login)
ReplyDelete