Here are a few last shots of me preggo! I have been thinking about posting something poignant about being pregnant - so here goes:
Dear Pregnancy:
I have spent about 3.07 years/160 weeks/1,120 days/26,880 hours with you. It has been bitter and sweet, but mostly sweet. Before I got pregnant for the first time I was convinced that I would have great difficulty, but you proved me wrong.
I won't miss the burning round ligament pain, the itchy skin, the hemorrhoids, the groin pain and the restless nights. But oh how I will miss the miracle of it all: feeling the babies move inside, seeing a little hand or foot brush just underneath my skin. Having people smile at me simply because they know. . .
I just cannot imagine not believing more in God after spending so much time with you. As I close on my last pregnancy, I am so thankful that you got to know me and I got to know you. I thank you (actually, God) for the 4 beautiful gifts that you have given me. In about 2 years I will long to be with you again, but alas our time together has to end at some point. Sigh. . .
Love,
Christy




So well said, Christy, every word! Grace is two and I'm so ready for another. But we'll wait a bit, which is ok since it will likely be our last. You do pregnancy so well!
ReplyDelete