Wednesday, February 15, 2012

9-day Check Up





On Monday we went to see Dr. Dawson for a check up. He had told me I did not need to come in until 2 weeks, but his office gave me this earlier appointment because he was booked solid. Actually, I did not mind coming in a little bit earlier - as a breastfeeding mom, it is just nice to make sure Matthew is gaining weight and that his jaundice is nothing to worry about.

His stats:
weight: 8 lbs 12 ounces (gained 1 ounce!)
height: 20 inches

Dr. Dawson was more than pleased with his weight gain and gave us a clean bill of health. We have to do some special bloodwork in 2 weeks so we will see him again then.

All in all, Matthew has been a good baby. There are times when he will go up to FIVE hours at night before I need to feed him again which is VERY unlike my other kids. During the day he will cluster feed occasionally, but most of the time will go about 3 hours between feeds. He likes to take his time with nursing, so I hope I can speed him up with that a little bit. I still can't figure out who he looks like - maybe John? But I really think he has his own little look. Everyone hopes maybe this will be the child that finally looks like Matt!

I sort of feel like I am coming out of a fog and emotional haze of last week. The hormones were really crazy last week and I would feel extreme sadness and joy within minutes of one another. I felt like I was on a roller coaster. Today I fixed my hair and put on real clothes! That felt good. Tomorrow maybe I will try make-up! :-)

Matthew, it has been a joy to get to know you this past week. I can't wait to see how your personality grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment