Thursday, February 2, 2012

Last Day of Work (as an MD) for Awhile



Today was my last day of work at Seton Topfer until I return from maternity leave in mid-May. It was bittersweet, strangely enough. We have just transitioned onto a new electronic medical record system and this was the first week of our "go-live." I am dreading returning in 3 months with baby-brain, all the while trying to breastfeed in between patients, and re-learning the very complicated system. Plus, it is always so excrutiating to go back to work after I have gotten used to being at home with the kids every day - I get out of the habit of thinking like a doctor VERY quickly.

With that being said, I really love my work and am so thankful they will hold my job for me until I return. I have also decided to cut back 1/2 day upon returning, which they also have allowed me to do. I remember in medical school thinking "How will I ever be a physician, wife and raise children?" And God worked it out! I am blessed to be able to work for Seton.

Upon walking into work today, the staff surprised me with this sweet gift basket for my baby boy. I was so touched!

No comments:

Post a Comment