We recently went for our 2 week check up (but actually he was 3 weeks old at the time). Here are his stats:
height: 21.25 inches (50%)
weight: 9 lbs 4 oz (50%)
head: 37.25 cm (50%)
Needless to say, Dr. Dawson commented "Well, we all know he is feeding well!" I was shocked to see he was already over 9 pounds! He is sleeping pretty predictably from about midnight to 5 am which is AWESOME. I don't recall the other kids ever sleeping that long this early. I have to really cluster feed him and hold him from about 7-midnight, but that is OK with me since he sleeps for 5 hours afterwards. I also feel that by that time of the night I don't have a huge supply of milk, so we have been giving a bottle of about 3 oz of either breast milk or formula.
Alivia and Will have gotten used to the idea of having him around and love to hold him every now and then. John likes to try and sit in my lap while I am breastfeeding which can be a bit tricky at times. :-)




No comments:
Post a Comment