Monday, May 28, 2012

Kindergarten Graduate!

What can I say about this year? It has been hard, challenging, rewarding, exhausting, and sweet. Veritas has gone through some growing pains during this year that has overflowed into our experience as well. For starters, they fired Alivia's initial (and beloved) kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Foulkrod very suddenly two days before Matthew was born. We have never really been given a reason except for "professional differences." Her new teacher, Mrs. Gaither. . . . sigh. . . let's just say she was not the most charismatic woman in the world, but thankfully Alivia seemed to like her.

In the end, God has been faithfully showing me several things about this year:
1) It is not about me and never will be
2) I am to rely on HIM for all things - even my child's education
3) Just because something is hard, does not mean it is not the right thing to do

Matt and I have been on our knees in prayer about next year and have decided to forge ahead and return to Veritas. But for now, let's celebrate our kindergarten GRADUATE!

Alivia's new teacher, Mrs. Gaither gave each child a stone with an admirable quality about them. Alivia's was PERSEVERANCE. And boy, has she shown that this year. She works SO hard and wants to do it perfectly every time.

I have loved getting to know my little girl through our sweet time together this year. I am so proud of you Alivia!


There were 10 kids in her class - 6 boys and 4 girls



Receiving her "perseverance" stone from Mrs. Gaither

The kids spelled out kindergarten with cute things about the year




Last day of school with Mrs. Gaither

No comments:

Post a Comment