Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day

Labor Day was especially exciting this year because Matt took the kids to Bertram for their first experience with Dove Hunting! As expected, they lasted about 45 minutes out in the field but it was so. dang. HOT. But they were excited to hang out with Daddy and wanted to go both days. For Alivia, the experience was all about getting new clothing - she even asked "What color bow should I take with me to wear with my outfit? Brown or black? I don't seem to have a camo bow." Hilarious. For Will, he loved getting some severed feet from a dove that was shot. He even placed them on a pillow next to his bed. Somehow, the feet mysteriously never made it back to our house.

Precious pic

The kids loved catching frogs with these nets at Bertram


Alivia's barrel full of frogs


Mimi and I hung out at the lake (in the AC) with the littles (Matthew 7 mos, John and Paige)

Matt brought walkie talkies which were a huge hit with the kids

No comments:

Post a Comment