This year was no exception because on Friday, January 25th around 10 pm Matt and I took John to Dell Children's ER. I tried everything to prevent us from going since I knew it would be filled with kids with the flu, but it had to be done. John just looked terrible. He was breathing so fast and was not himself and seemed SO TIRED. It turned out he had RSV and pneumonia. He was placed on Augmentin and has been slowly improving but I must say it has brought out the stinker in him. He just has not been himself these last 2 weeks.
Will woke up from body rest time right around the same day holding his ear and crying. I knew it was serious so I got a last minute appt with our pediatrician who told me Will had a double ear infection and pink eye - oh and one of his ears was so infected that it may actually rupture. AHHH! (Thankfully it never did). Will was placed on Augmentin, too.
And lastly, baby Matthew. . . oh sweet baby Matthew. He started wheezing and coughing about a week ago and has had fevers on and off all this week. I just couldn't take it anymore so Matt took him in to see Dr. Dawson who said HE had a double ear infection and RSV, too. So to treat him for the ear infection and to prevent pneumonia if it was brewing (like John), baby Matthew was placed on Augmentin. The Augmentin has caused a terrible scalding diaper rash on my precious boy to the point that he did not want to be held or consoled or even touched on his bottom. He was so miserable tonight. OH, it just breaks my heart. I think he is the most comfortable when he is asleep on his tummy because there is finally no pressure on his bottom.
I'm so sick of neb treatments and Advil and Tylenol and Augmentin and checking fevers and WORRY. It really has brought out my need for control and a feeling of absolute helplessness when my precious children are sick. Lord, help me to lean on YOU and not myself.
So, in the last 2 weeks THREE of my FOUR kids have been on Augmentin. I'm assuming it is all from RSV that just manifests itself differently in each kiddo.
Oh, and starting yesterday, Alivia started to get the dreaded cough and wheezing. I raced to start her on her inhaled Azmanex and hope to head it off from the start. . . here's hoping she won't need Augmentin too!
![]() |
| Some lighter moments in the bath! |
| At least we don't have to worry about one of them catching anything from the other - they all have it! |





No comments:
Post a Comment