Monday, August 12, 2013

First Day of School for Alivia and Will

Austin Classical School's Inaugural Day was today. It was a meaningful and moving day for all of us involved. Not only the first day of 2nd grade for Alivia, the first day of Kindergarten for Will, but the first day the school officially opened its doors. I am honored to be one of the First Families.

Alivia's teacher is Mrs. Williams. She is VERY organized and has 3 Second Graders and 1 Fourth Grader in her class. The only other little girl in Alivia's class is the Head of School's daughter named Anna who seems to have a very similar personality to Alivia.

Will's teacher is Mrs. Strickland. She is spirited, outgoing, and friendly and will seem to be a great fit for Will. There are 7 Kindergarten students and 1 First Grade student. But only 3 boys in the class! Which I think suits Will just fine.

So that makes a total of 12 students this year. At first I was shocked and alarmed, but God has pressed into my heart that His plans are better and bigger than mine. I had utter peace today dropping them off - this is where we are supposed to be. I am so thankful.

Alivia was fully dressed and ready to GO at 7 am this morning. To say she was excited was an understatement. School does not start until 8:45 so we can leave our house by 8 am and get there in plenty of time which is a huge change from Veritas last year when we were pushing to get out the door by 7:30 sharp.

Will got up at 5 am and came into my bedroom to tell me that he could not go to sleep. He was super excited in his own way, and seemed thrilled to finally experience school. I think he was a little disappointed that he was not getting to go back tomorrow.


John was so hopeful that he could just blend in and go to school with his big sister and brother

My BIG KINDERGARTENER!


First/Fourth Grade Class with Mrs. Williams

Austin Classical School 2013-2014

Kindergarten/First Grade Class with Mrs. Strickland

Tristan, Robbie, Anna, Alivia and Mrs. Williams


My big SECOND GRADER!

No comments:

Post a Comment