Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Matthew got tubes!

Matthew has been slow to talk. It just seems like he does not form the sounds as well as he should at this point (2 years old). I finally decided to have his hearing checked and wouldn't you know his hearing has been affected by constant ear infections. Despite several doses of antibiotics this winter, he never has cleared the infections. Dr. Zapata had a hearing evaluation performed, and yep, his hearing is not where it should be. Poor guy. We saw Dr. Dawson soon afterwards and he felt like his infections were so severe that we should try to move up the surgery (as we started ANOTHER round of antibiotics!) Thankfully I was able to move it up a few days. The surgery went perfectly and I am so thankful we live in the US with advanced medical care. The surgery literally took 10 minutes. He was a charmer to all the nurses the whole time.
Here we are in the waiting room before surgery - we were the only ones there and he was running around like a wild man!

No comments:

Post a Comment