Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Family trip to Carrizo Springs

Matt really loves Carrizo Springs. It is in deep south Texas about 3 1/2 hours away. It is a beautiful part of Texas. There is a "container" on the property that is a modified shipping container that has been converted into a doublewide trailer with a bathroom, running water, kitchen, two bunk beds and a double bed in the "master bedroom." I think it is the closet to camping I am going to tolerate in my old age. The kids absolutely love it and this year John got to come for the first time. We left baby Matthew in the hands of Mimi and Grandpa (who I must say spoiled him quite a bit - not sure he missed us that much!)
First stop - Cabela's! 


The kids love riding in the Mule. They even started to request to drive. . . oh boy. 

In the middle of the afternoon Matt shot this doe as he was driving around with Alivia and Will! They saw the whole thing go down. I thought it might upset Alivia but Matt says she was the first one to encourage him to shoot the deer!

John, Alivia and I attempted to get into the stand one afternoon. John was really restless and each stand had been filled with wasps, so we did not stay long

Clearing brush from the road during a mule ride

A giant crazy storm came in on Saturday evening with lots of lightening and hail so we retreated inside for awhile. This is the "master bedroom"

View of one of the bunkbeds

Bundled up for s'mores after dinner!



I love this shot. John looks like he is in his element.


No comments:

Post a Comment