Matt had to be in Baltimore for a conference so we used that as an excuse to go see Rusty and Beth and visit DC! I would say that John and Matthew almost were too young. I'd like to go back again when they have all had some more US History, too.
Our ininerary:
Day 1 - Capitol tour, Air and Space Museum, met Elliston's for dinner
Day 2 - Daddy at conference, take metro to DC with kids and Beth, go to Museum of the Bible (my favorite museum ever), got on Circulator to see the Monuments (awesome!)
Day 3 - White House tour with Rusty and Beth (Matt at conference) and then head to Mt Vernon (kids and I really liked this!), dinner with Bob/Ruth
Day 4 - National Aquarium in Baltimore, lunch at Inner Harbor
Things we didn't get to do or repeat next time:
go AGAIN to Museum of the Bible
Circulator to see Monuments
National Museum for pretty paintings
Museum of American History
Museum of Natural History (Hope diamond!)
Holocaust Museum - one of my favorites, but the kids were too little this time around
 |
| The first day we drove to DC with Daddy and had a Capitol tour with lunch in the Capitol Visitor Center Restaurant- very good! |
 |
| Cute kids! |
 |
| Air and Space Museum wasn't that great, was really crowded and overwhelming. I could skip next time. Or maybe take a highlight tour? |
 |
| Riding the metro was a highlight for the kids! |
 |
| I loved having Beth join us, too. I was thankful for another adult |
 |
| Jefferson Memorial |
 |
| Korean Memorial - one of my favorites |
 |
| FDR Memorial - another favorite |
 |
| Museum of the Bible was so good - I LOVED it |
 |
| FDR Memorial |
 |
| this view down the Mall never gets old |
 |
| White House tour! I am so glad we were able to get tickets - sad Matt didn't get to come. The security is crazy |
 |
| Leaving our tour |
 |
| So fun having Rusty and Beth with us |
 |
| Lincoln Memorial |
 |
| Vietnam Memorial - the kids overall did great with the walking - only one meltdown when we couldn't find a potty |
 |
| Lunch at the Inner Harbor |
 |
| Kids liked the Blue Crab more than I thought they would |
 |
| National Aquarium was neat but crowded - I could skip this next time |
 |
| I'm glad we got to see Bob and Ruth. It had been almost a year! |
No comments:
Post a Comment