Sunday, November 8, 2009

Babymoon in Beantown











Matt and I just got back from a fun few days in Boston. We literally ate our way through that town. Who would have guessed Boston's Italian food would have been so good? Thanks to my friend Brandi's recommendations, we saw all the sights and had great food in between. Here are some of the highlights. It was fun bundling up in hats and scarves for a few days, but I forget what a pain it can be!

The first day we arrived in the afternoon, checked into our hotel and walked along a cute street that ended in a beautiful park. We had dinner at The Grotto (Italian) and I had some of the best crepes for dessert.

The next day we put on our hiking shoes and walked the Freedom Trail. There is a red brick path that you follow through the town for about 3 miles or so. We made a pitstop at Legal Seafood for some clam chowdah (yummy!). That night we had an amazing Italian dinner at this tiny place called Giaccamo's in the North Side (Italian District).

The third day we visited MIT and Harvard's campuses. There is a stark contrast between the two. MIT's campus is very modern (think steel and sharp angles) and sits very close to the river. While Harvard is just how you picture in the movies - red brick and beautiful trees. We ate brunch at The Friendly Toast near MIT. That night we actually ate at Houston's! (I know, how could we? But I was craving one of their salads! Don't tell anyone. . . )

Our last day was spent taking a cruise around the Inner Harbor over to the USS Constitution (ship used during the Revolutionary War) and another WWII battleship. It was great to see Boston from another angle and Matt really liked seeing the ships. That night we went to the North End again for AMAZING pizza at a place called Pizzeria Regina. I am going to dream about that pizza for a long, long time. The funniest thing was when we were ordering I asked for a salad - the waitress quickly reminded me they had nothing there except pizza! Well, after having the pizza, I was glad I did not use any of my stomach room for anything but pizza. The pizza we ordered had proscuitto, mushrooms, basil and ricotta. It was the best pizza I have ever had - seriously.




No comments:

Post a Comment