
My parents graciously agreed to watch the kids while Matt and I were in Boston. Mimi always writes a beautiful (and detailed) summary of their stay. Here it is:
Monday Night:
Both kids sad that Mommy and Daddy have left. Have a hard time going to sleep. Alivia wakes up at 3:30 am screaming.
Tuesday:
Time change! Both kids wake up at 6:30 am! Good thing is we have plenty of time to get Alivia ready for school. Emily and Avery come to play late morning. Peyton joins us for lunch. We play outside after naps - a gorgeous day. We have porcupines and baked potatoes for dinner. Alivia takes a Lunchable for lunch and cheese crackers and grapes for her snack. Still hard to get them to bed. Alivia doesn't go to sleep until late.
Wednesday:
Both wake up early again. We are all getting ready to go this morning. Alivia to school, Mimi to Lamplighters Bible Study and Will to childcare from 9:30-11:30. Grandpa is here to help. They see me dip my toast in my tea and now they are doing it too! Alivia takes a Lunchable and blueberries and yogurt for a snack. Will cries when I leave him but has a good time and is all smiles when I pick him up - calling out Mimi Mimi! Will and I go home to eat lunch and then go back to get Alivia. We all came home - very tired and go for naps. Bill comes at 3pm and I go to work until 5 and then to grocery store. We have meatloaf and sweet potatoes for dinner. Kids go to bed better and sleep all night. Alivia wakes up when she hears Bill exercising and she comes and sleeps with me until 7 am. Will has a runny nose - allergies I think - we all have them.
Thursday:
Alivia has show and tell today. She picks 4 different flowers from the garden to take. Pizza day today! She takes pineapple and yogurt for a snack. I give will some Zyrtec when he gets up. another gorgeous day! Bill takes Alivia to school. She delights in having a Pop Tart for breakfast! Will is obsessed with the play vacuum and has vacuumed over and over again. today he asks me to take him to the park! Fire truck and firemen come to Alivia's school on Wed. She had lots to talk about from their visit. We painted fingernails and toenails after nap and painted on my "easel" in the backyard. Will slept til I woke him at 5 pm! I don't think he feels good. Both kids went to bed easily and slept well.
Friday:
Bill takes kids to Cabela's and I go with Frances and Susan E to San Antonio for a birthday party. Bill says kids liked Cabela's especially the fish tanks. Both took good naps. I got back about 3:15. Another beautiful day. Played in backyard after naps.
Saturday:
Bill left early to go hunting this AM. Alivia went to sleep at 10:15 pm and woke up at 6:15 am. She is feverish and I gave her a dose of Motrin - has a cough and slight runny nose. Had the hot steam vaporizer on for Will last night and he seems lots better. Put in ear drops in left ear for drainage and infection - smells bad! Alivia has said every night how much she misses Mommy and Daddy. Will loves to wash his hands in the sink. We ate all our Halloween candy. They never asked about theirs. They were very good about sharing and not fighting - except for Will pushing Alivia every now and then which she protests loudly. Alivia very nervous last night and today - biting fingernails lots. She is anxious for you to return! Went to Doss playground and had a great time from 10-11:30. Pa came, too.




No comments:
Post a Comment