Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy FIRST Birthday, John!






We quietly celebrated a huge milestone with John on April 17th. . . his FIRST birthday! Since we had our brisket birthday celebration the week earlier, we had a low key meal at my parent's house with some cupcakes enjoyed by everyone.

As I look back on the last year with John, it is hard to remember life without him. I can't wait to learn more about him and his personality as he gets bigger. He is really starting to crawl quickly now and has more interest in standing and walking a few steps while we hold onto his hands. I can't wait for him to start walking since it will make outings to the park more fun for him. He loves to bounce up and down to music and clap his hands.

John is always ready to give anyone a quick smile, and I still melt when I see his beautiful blue eyes. He has started to mimic sounds that we say including "Mama, Dada, uh-oh" and some others. I love to hear him babble contentedly in his crib when he gets up in the morning. He will roll around in there for up to an hour in the mornings just grabbing onto his toes, jumping up and down while holding onto the side rail, and playing with his loveys.

He is always ready to be in the middle of the bigger kids and shrieks when I place him in the playpen while I prepare dinner. He seems to be much more nimble and athletic at an earlier age than Alivia and Will. He has taken an interest in climbing which will prove to be very scary in the next few months, I'm sure. Alivia and Will never did figure out how to shimmy out of their high chairs and stand up in the seat, but John started doing that a few weeks ago much to my horror! I quickly had to find the straps that went to the high chair.

He also has started diving face first in the bathtub or suddenly arching backwards in the water! That always makes Matt a little flustered. He has a smile on his face as Matt fishes him out. He has absolutely no fear of the water and loves getting in the tub with Brother and Sister.

Our schedule is great: 7:00ish up for the day, 9:30-11:30 AM Nap, 1:30-3:30 PM nap, 6:30ish dinner/bathtime, 7:15ish down for the night.

John, you light up my life and are so precious to all of us. It has been so fun to watch you grow and see how Alivia and Will respond to you. Alivia loves to hold you and routinely calls you "Johnny-cakes." She told me the other day that the only reason she does not like riding in the way back of the car is because, "I can't see John." Will also loves to call out to you and try to tickle your tummy and make funny faces to see if you will giggle.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me such a precious gift. I must always ultimately remember that John belongs to You.

I love you, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment