Sunday, September 25, 2011

John's First Day of Preschool






I held John back a few days after Preschool started because he just seems so young to be going to preschool! He is still taking a 2 hour morning nap most days and I know our transition to one afternoon nap will be a slow one.

At any rate, we sent him for his first day from 9-12 this past week. He seemed to be excited to go, but had more than a few tears and clung to me when we actually arrived. It was hard for me to leave him there. He has been the first child that has really had trouble with preschool and I blame that on the fact that he is about 6 months younger than Alivia and Will when they started. That makes a big difference I think. Next week will be his first full day from 9-1. He is going to be pooped when we pick him up!

I know he has a good time while he is there, but there may be some days this semester that I will just keep him home with Alivia and me so he can nap while we homeschool.

The funniest thing was that he totally knew what to do with his backpack and lunchbox. He wants to be like Alivia and Will so much. He strutted around the driveway with his items with the biggest smile on his face. And then we arrived to drop off. . . .the last picture is with his teacher, Miss Constance.

No comments:

Post a Comment