Sunday, September 25, 2011

Laity Lodge Family Camp 2011

Oh my goodness, how I love LLFC. It is the best retreat for our family during this stage in our life and is such a bargain. The food is so good and spending time with my precious family away from cell phones, computers, and the TV is such a gift. I always leave the weekend feeling refreshed and dreading my return to the "real world."

This year we spent the weekend at Singing Hills with about 10 other families from around Texas. Our Fellowship friends the Schoolers and Trusses joined us which only added to the fun.

We arrived on Friday around 5:30 and checked out the property and waterfront. It is so beautiful there and I was so relieved the see that the Rio Frio is still running despite the drought. We had a great dinner that night and then went to Round Up and sang praise songs. The kids were surprised with a mini-carnival complete with cookie decorating and a ring toss with prizes.

The kids slept great both nights and on Saturday we awoke to a cool morning with dew on the ground. After breakfast we headed to Blue Hole, a natural swimming hole that is fed by a beautiful (cold!) spring which is actually the head of the Rio Frio. Then during the afternoon activity all of went to riflery where Alivia and Will shot 22-rifles for the first time. It was a hit! Alivia and I started out at Arts and Crafts but it was a bit lame, so we headed over to riflery to see what the boys were up to. After she shot her first bullet she looked at Matt and said "Shooting guns is WAY better than arts and crafts!" HA!

That night was another beautiful evening singing at round-up and just being with one another.

My parents graciously agreed to watch John for the weekend while we went. I am so glad he stayed with them. I am sure he had lots of fun out at the lake and Matt and I were able to give some one on one time with Alivia and Will.

PS. I am 20-weeks pregnant with Baby #4 in these pics!
An overview of Singing Hills. The kids LOVED this bouncy house.
Alivia sliding down the bouncy house.
They had all sorts of crazy cars and toys to ride around the property.
Walking along the waterfront.

Will looking really hot and sharing his "camera smile" these days




Swimming in Blue Hole
Is he adorable or what? I love this years' t-shirts with OWLS on them.
The kids' first experience with firearms. :-)
Matt and I shot also and both got several Bull's Eyes. So fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment