Sunday, April 29, 2012

To my Sweet Johnny-Cakes


Dearest John:

Oh, how I love you. You remind me so much of your Daddy and that is a good thing. You are absolutely in love with life and greet each morning with such gusto that it is hard not to smile and laugh when I go to get you in the morning. You are quick to smile and are always in motion. I tell people "He is either going 110% or he is asleep." You are always either trotting or running and seem to be an athlete, even at this early age.

Speaking of sleep, you are a great sleeper! You still take one long nap in the afternoon from about 1-4 pm. You need this nap to give you back the energy you used in the morning (and Mama does, too!)

You absolutely love tools and will pick up a car or truck and pretend to "fix it" with various hammers, screwdrivers and wrenches that you have either stolen off Daddy's workbench or that we have given to you. Your heart belongs to Daddy right now and you watch his every move and mimic it. You cry bitterly when Daddy leaves in the morning - I know you long for the day when you can just go to work with him.

You have such an independent nature and will go off and play by yourself very willingly. I think that is because Alivia and Will seem to be often paired off in play, so I look forward to the day when Matthew can play with you. You have seem unfazed by your baby brother's addition at this point, but I pray that you two will become best friends in the future.

You absolutely love school and seem to thrive there two days a week. Your teachers marvel at how much you eat and how happy you are. I love how you greet me when I go pick you up. It makes my heart melt.

Your nicknames: John-John, Johnny Cakes

Sweet John, I just cannot imagine our family without you in it. I pray that you will continue to bless others with your outgoing personality and quick smile. I pray that God will bring you a loving wife and that you will go into the nations telling others about Jesus Christ. I pray that God will teach me how to be your mother and that I will learn how to raise you up so that I can let you go. I love you.

Love,
Mom










No comments:

Post a Comment