Saturday, May 25, 2013

Trip to Portland

So I had my annual Practical Advances in Internal Medicine Conference at my alma mater in Portland, Oregon this past weekend. We had hoped that Matt could come with me, but we had childcare issues. ... so I went ALONE. It was so strange to be alone - I read a lot of journals and appreciated the quietness of the mornings. But I have to admit I missed everyone terribly. I was gone Wednesday through Saturday. I got to catch up with some dear friends which was really fun.

I stayed with Dr. Patterson and his wife, Linda for 2 nights. Their house in Vancouver is beautiful.

Dr. P is such a dear friend and mentor - we went to Africa together during my residency.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Matt held down the fort with ease and grace. However, I did get a text from him at one point that said "I'm pretty convinced it's easier to go to work than to care for our four children." That was right after he had shuttled everyone to swim practice, made dinner and got everyone down to bed. WHEW. And, I totally agree with his statement.

PRECIOUS picture Matt sent to me. Two things make me laugh - the plastic wrench in his hand and the unbuttoned outfit. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment