Saturday, January 11, 2014

To my Precious Daughter on her 8th Birthday

My sweet Alivia:

You make my heart melt. I just cannot believe the kindness and loving spirit that God has given you. You bring a sense of peace and calm to our family and handle your younger brothers with grace (most of the time!) You easily share your things, and often can read what others need without being asked. You are a wonderful Mother's helper.

You have amazing perseverance. You try so hard in school and put forth your best effort and stay on task. Your teacher, Mrs. Williams, sends me emails about what a joy you are to teach at ACS. Being diagnosed with dyslexia has not dampened your positive attitude and you have handled going to therapy three times a week with grace. You never complain about the extra work.

Here is an e-mail I got from Mrs. Williams just a few weeks ago:
You will be happy to know that Alivia scored a 100 on her history test and a 92 on her math test!  I also want to let you know how impressed I am with the paragraphs she has been writing.  The effort she gives is amazing!  I am so proud of your sweet little girl!
Thanks for sharing her with me,
Dana

You love listening to audio books and would spend hours in your room working on your rainbow loom listening to audio books. Right now you love the "Magic Tree House" series. You struggle most with Math, but have an amazing ability to memorize and understand text that is read to you. Your cursive handwriting is beautiful. Your reading has come so far and you are on grade level, if not above right now. Spelling will always be a challenge, but I look at your Dad, and see how he struggles with spelling and how little it has gotten in his way. There will always be spell check!

I am so proud of you. Your quiet, gentle spirit blesses others around you. I am blessed to be your mother and am so glad we get to spend special time together during the week while we homeschool. I will forever be grateful for that shared experience.

I love you sweet girl,
Mommy

I just love this picture 

Your sweet smile and beautiful eyes light up the room!

She got a birthday haircut with this adorable silver hairpiece. It was so cute! Sadly it only stayed in about 2 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment