I offered the land in Bertram for our first Girl Scout campout. Man, I was totally dreading this whole event. Thank goodness I like Anaise and all the other moms! It turned out to be much more fun than I thought and it was really great to see Bertram through the eyes of others. It makes me appreciate it so much more. The weather was perfect - a little windy - but that kept away the bugs and best of all it was not too hot!
I don't think Anaise realized how much the little house has back there so we brought our own water, cooked on the campfire and slept in tents. The only time we went inside the house was to use the restroom which was such a nice amenity.
 |
| The girls before we left from L-->R: Kyra, Avery, Madeline, Alivia, Elizabeth, Katherine, Ivy |
The girls loved the whole experience. I have a feeling I have a few more campouts coming up in the next few years!
 |
| Unloading the firewood |
 |
| Our tent! |
 |
| An overview of the campsite |
 |
| Exploring at the tiny river - so sad to see how low it is now. . . |
 |
| Yep, I fit this blow up mattress inside the tent and don't regret it one bit |
 |
| Me and my precious girl |
 |
| Katerine Dugan getting settled in |
 |
| Taking the Girl Scout Pledge |
 |
| Some of the moms - Anaise, Lisa and Sheila |
 |
| Our fearless leader - Anaise Corbitt |
 |
| Each girl git a hat and a bandana |
 |
| All their stuff had to fit inside this white bucket (except sleeping bag) which also served as their seat for the overnight |
 |
| The girls planned all the meals! |
 |
| Kate, Sheila and Kristine |
 |
| From L-->R Avery, Kyra, Alivia, Madeline, Sophia, Ivy, Katherine and Elizabeth (not pictured: Sophie and Audrey) |
No comments:
Post a Comment