Friday, May 9, 2014

What have you been doing for the last year?

Women's Development! It is an intensive leadership/theology class offered through our church, Austin Stone. Matt did Men's Development last year. Whew! It has been intense and hard but I have learned so much and am so glad that I did it.

Every Wednesday night I went to a lecture from 6 - 9 pm. Then I would meet with my LTG (Life Transformation Group) that included Michelle Spears and Angie Phillips from 9 - 10 pm. And on Friday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30 our entire 8-woman group would gather at one of our homes to share our stories, prayer requests and other life issues. And throughout the year we had day-long Saturday seminars about various topics including "Gospel-Centered Counseling" and "The New Testament" and "The Old Testament."

We read almost the entire "Systematic Theology" by Wayne Grudem. It turned out to be an amazing read for me - I think it was my favorite part. It is such a rich book that helped me to realize how complex and amazing God is. I walked away feeling like I know so little about God. And learning to trust Him more and love Him more. Thank you Mr. Grudem. I hope I can meet you some day to thank you for introducing me to Systematic Theology.

I just completed my oral and written exams last week. I think I will miss the intensive learning, but won't miss the ongoing weekly commitments. It has been hard on the kids and Matt to have me be gone during the week.

Sarah Grant, Courtney Miller and Michelle Spears

Angie and I before our oral exam - see the Systemic Theology book?!

Our entire group - from L->R: Catherine Garza, Noelle Otts, Courtney Miller, Christy Mangum, Angie Phillips, Sarah Grant, Michelle Spears and ME!

Catherine and Angie celebrating after our Oral Exam

Noelle's husband, Brad, made an amazing dinner for us one night

No comments:

Post a Comment