Friday, November 20, 2015

The Amazing Race with Will

Our church did the COOLEST bonding activity for mothers-sons last weekend. I was on the fence about doing it but was so glad I did. The activity was based on the show, "The Amazing Race" where teams race around the world collecting clues and trying to get to destinations before the other teams. Our race was around Austin. We showed up at the church and were paired off. I asked to be paired with Angie Phillips and her son, Gavin, which was a great pair for us. We started of figuring out the first clue that took us to Pillow Elementary where I had to get into a Captain America suit, take a selfie with Will and then put together a big puzzle. Then we were given another clue which we had to solve and then raced to a restaurant where Will guzzled a milkshake and I played putt-putt as quickly as I could. Then we were off to another nearby elementary school and had to shoot 20 points in basketball (probably the most challenging for us!) Next we headed to a location where graffiti is allowed and spray painted our names and took a picture. The off to Central Market where Will had to tell me how to make a Lego truck without me seeing the directions. Then we went to Town Lake and canoed across the lake to buoys. Next we headed across the rive and played frisbee golf. Then we went to a nearby park and sang "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" to someone who had a costume on. Next we ran up a hill while the boys turned around bats and the moms chugged a soda and had to burp! Next it was off to an arcade where we played pinball and had to score 9,500,000 points (Will rocked this!) Then we raced back to the church. There were 10 stations in all so I am sure I missed one or two. We came in 5th place out of about 20 teams! I was SO hoping we would get 1st, 2nd or 3rd because they had some cool prizes. . . but honestly the experience was so fun that it did not matter that much. I can't wait until next year. It was so well organized! It was truly one of my most fun days in a long time. . .

The team! Me, Will, Gavin and Angie

Will's selfie with Captain America!

Slurping a milkshake at Twisted Root Restaurant - he did it in 25 seconds!



This crazy graffiti park - had NO idea this was here!


Great pic from the day - see our names on the wall?

Angie drove - she was awesome. A true race car driver. :-)

Example of the fun clues we got along the way - the answer: Pillbalz Arcade

No comments:

Post a Comment